TInnGO, DIAMOND and SUITS projects launch a call for papers for a special issue on the Work journal on Gender, Employment and Transport
The TInnGO, DIAMOND and SUITS projects, all of which focus on promoting inclusive transport and are funded by the European Union´s Horizon 2020 program, have launched a call for papers for a special issue on the Work journal.
The aim of this special issue is to benchmark the current status of the sector regarding gender and diversity, illustrate what problems women experience, and highlight good practices.
Papers may focus on, for example:
- one part of the transport business ecosystem; e.g. road, rail, air, freight, urban planning, research and innovation, education;
- career trajectories;
- barriers (e.g. harassment and discrimination, pay gaps, nonfamily friendly working practices);
- enablers (e.g. mentorship, apprenticeships, gender action plans);
- (inter)national sex disaggregated statistics showing where and how women are employed in the sector;
- health and safety issues;
- regional studies (especially from low-middle income countries).
Quantitative, qualitative or case studies will be equally welcomed.
Deadlines and timelines
- October 30th 2020. Submission of abstract or 2-page outline of the paper to Andree, Woodcock@coventry.ac.uk. Including authors and contact details. We will be happy to receive this before the deadline. Please include subject line: WJ.GTE.
- November 15th 2020. Approval notification to submit a full paper and formatting instructions sent out.
- January 30th Full paper submission deadline.
- March 10th 2021 Feedback from first review.
- March 30th 2021 First resubmission deadline.
- April 30th 2021 Feedback from second review.
- May 30th 2021 Final paper submission.
Andree Woodcock, A.Woodcock [at] coventry.ac.uk
Ann Marie Neinaber, Ann-marie.nienaber [at] coventry.ac.uk
Stefan Roseanu, stefan.roseanu [at] integralconsulting.ro
Maria Chiara Leva, mariachiara.leva [at] TUDublin.ie