SBOING is a high-tech ICT SME that implements innovative mobile technologies and related systems, applications and services for the collection, processing and exploitation of location and mobility data. It implements an internationally patented, collaborative, crowdsourcing technology for the collection, processing and distribution of traffic, road and sensory data in order to provide improved routing capabilities for GPS navigation, globally. The SBOING GPS navigator app, sbNavi™, is available for iOS and Android and sbCarNavi® is available for multimedia car consoles, together with OSM-based maps of the entire world. sbNavi™ is offered with sbDySurv®, a survey module supporting whole-journey, dynamic surveys and sbCliMate®, an environmental info-layer, offering environmental measures derived from Earth observation satellite (EOS) datasets.
Since its founding (2009), SBOING has received several international distinctions and awards for “Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, including from the “MassChallenge” competition (Boston, USA, 2011), the “Arduino Contest 2011”, the “NOKIA Mobile App Competition” (Athens, 2012), the “European Satellite Navigation Competition” (ESNC-2012), the “LDA competition” (EU project, 2014) and the “Copernicus Masters Competition” (2014).
SBOING targets both the B2C retail market of navigator and smartphone users, as well as the B2B market of traffic content providers, fleet management and logistics integrators, offering GPS navigation software, historical traffic data, mobile advertising, location-based services and routing services.
The SBOING crowdsourcing methodology has patents granted in the USA, Australia, China, 13 EU countries, Israel and pending in India.
In the past 5 years, SBOING:
- was presented as an example of “HiTech FEM investment opportunity” at MIT Sloan, by prof. Mark Esposito and Terence Tse, [FEM=Fast-Expanding Markets],
- received an award for contributions to “Road Safety”, by a representative of the Greek Parliament and in the presence of Mrs. Eva Molnar, Director of the Transport Division of the United Nations, was nominated (for Greece) by ITS-Hellas for the “2014 ITS Hall of Fame Industry Award” (ITS World Congress), ranked 4th in the “T-Systems Big Data” Challenge of the “4th Copernicus Masters 2014” Competition,
- the SBOING Navigator, sbNavi™, has been selected by the European GNSS Agency (GSA) as one of the 26 apps of the “Galileo Apps Store” of the SUNRISE (EU) project, qualified in the final round of the European competition “Net Futures 2015 Challenge”, as one of the top 10 finalist teams,
- was awarded the 1st prize at the pan-Hellenic competition for “Innovative IoT Applications”, organized bythe “Hellenic Association of Computer Engineers” (HACE) with a transport application for sensitive goods’
- SBOING is a SAMSUNG Independent Solution Vendor (Silver Partner) of the “Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program” (SEAP).